Gluten Free – Dairy Free Fudge
Author: Gluten-Free Gigi
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk (full fat, I use Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil, allowing foil to hang over the sides (you will use this to lift the fudge from the pan later).
- Grease the foil lightly; Set aside.
- In a large saucepan (4-quart or larger), combine sugar, cocoa, salt and coconut milk.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil, not stirring, until the temperature reaches 234 degrees (use a clip-on candy thermometer for accuracy).
- Remove the pot from the heat; add Earth Balance and vanilla, but DO NOT STIR. Leave candy thermometer in place and allow the mixture to cool to about 125 degrees.
- Once cooled, use a wooden spoon to beat the mixture until it becomes thick and begins to lose its gloss.
- Quickly spread the fudge evenly into the prepared pan; Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the fudge from the pan by lifting the foil lining.
- Cut into squares and store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
Makes about 5 big tortialls
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup water
Mix together the rice flours, tapioca flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Mix in the shortening with your fingers until well combined. Add the water and mix well. If the mixture is still dry, add a little more water. Heat an ungreased skilled on medium-high heat. Roll out tortillas and cook each one on the hot pan until it begins to bubble. Then flip it and cook until the bottom has some brown spots. They’re the best if you stack them on top of each other as they come out (this softens them up a bit). You can also throw a slightly damp towel over the top one. These keep pretty well in a plastic bag in the cupboard.
Enjoy the unmistakable aroma and satisfaction of freshly baked corn bread with this simple recipe you bake in just a few minutes. Delicious for breakfast… or anytime really.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour or cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons GF baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon GF vanilla
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup milk or milk substitute
Microwave. Only use baking dishes with straight sides such as ramekins for individual servings or several larger casserole dishes about 5 inches across.
Blend dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Blend wet ingredients in a small bowl. Using a large wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Do not beat …just stir to combine evenly.
Grease the baking dishes then scrape the batter into them to fill 3/4 only. Evenly space the same size dishes in the microwave oven. Ovens vary, so the first time you make a recipe, watch its progress. To judge, stop the oven when top falls back and just as the top dries. A toothpick in the center comes out clean. All microwaved food continues to cook a bit after you take it out. Bake about 3 minutes.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars
Author: Betty Crocker
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, stir together cake mix and pecans. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. In bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch pan, press remaining mixture. Bake 10 minutes.
- 2In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; beat until well blended. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- 3Bake about 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.