Let’s talk about gluten free mascara. Not everyone reacts to topical gluten or chooses to use topical gluten free beauty products, but for those of you who do, this list is just for you. I mean, eyes just aren’t complete without the finishing touch of a luxurious mascara. But maximizing the lash shouldn’t come with unwanted allergic reactions. Check out my list below and then bat those long, plump eyelashes away! -Kara (Diva Team)
– Whether you’re looking to lengthen and define or volumize and thicken, Milani has the product for you. Although the manufacturers do not use gluten to create their Milani mascaras, there is no guarantee that gluten does not come in contact with the product as it’s transported.
– For 24 hours, Voluminous Power Volume Mascara made by Loreal will plump up your lashes and give you a fuller look as well. This mascara is clump-free, flake-free, smudge-free, fragrance –free, ophthalmologist-tested, allergy-tested, and gluten free! The Loreal rep informed me that most of Loreal’s ingredients are derived from grain sources that are highly refined and retain no traces of gluten proteins. They do suggest, however, that since individuals exhibit a wide range of sensitivities to these proteins, you should discuss your concerns with your medical care provider before using.
– Cover Girl specifically designed Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara for your individualized eye color. Brown eyes? Blue eyes? Hazel or Green eyes? Non-smudging, no-clumping mascara has got you covered, making your eyes 4x brighter no matter what color they are. According the rep, any mascara on their line that does NOT contain fragrance should not have any added gluten to the product. Luckily, the Exact Eyelights is fragrance free in both the regular and waterproof, so you are free to use this particular Cover Girl mascara.
–Conditioning as it thickens, the Great BIG brush will work wonders on your lashes, building the volume with each coat. According the Maybelline rep, the list of ingredients does not contain added gluten, but their suggestion is for you to double check with your physician to guarantee the safety for your particular health concerns.
– My favorite find during my research this month is this jewel of a mascara. With NO added gluten to ANY of their products and NO chance of cross contamination, it is safe to say that you have no worries with Organic Wear Mascara. The good news doesn’t stop there however. 100% Natural Origin Formula contains the purest ingredients while still providing lash boosting, lash lengthening, volume-defining coverage. Organic Wear is 100% free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, and parabens and 70% of the total ingredients are from organic farming. To top it off, you can give back to the earth with the 100% recyclable eco-brush included. I may have found my new
– With a touch of olive oil to help plump every single lash, Healthy Volume coats and builds with a rich color that doesn’t clump, smudge, or flake. The Neutrogena rep says, “No gluten is added in the making of this product, but we do not test the final product for traces of gluten through cross-contamination.” With no added gluten and 400% volume increase, this mascara may be just right
– Magnify and multiply your lashes from all angles with the Revlon Photo Ready 3DVolume Mascara. Both waterproof and non-waterproof products are not derived from wheat, barley, oats, rye, or spelt, but the rep stated that they cannot guarantee that their mascara is 100% gluten free due to the possibility of cross contamination. (original post by celiac diva)
And Bare Escentuals mascara!